Strategically situated in Walvis Bay Namibia, the company prides itself on its on-time delivery and track record of consistency and reliability making Elgin Brown & Hamer a trusted brand within the marine industrial industry. A project-orientated company, EBH Namibia offers holistic solutions to meet all its customers’ needs.
Our stakeholders are aligned and fully engaged in the pursuit of a common goal – to boost our global competitiveness through sustainable organic growth whilst generating more value to all stakeholders involved of which very importantly is our customers.
EBH Namibia is a highly successful smart partnership between the Namibian government and the private sector and provides the international shipping and local industry with a full house capacity in all aspects of ship repair. In 2006.
Approximately 70% of vessels serviced on EBH Namibia floating docks are anchor handler tugs and platform support vessels operating in the oil & gas industry of West Africa. The remaining 30% consists of seismic vessels, sub-sea construction vessels, dredgers, tankers and container vessels.
EBH Namibia’s highly efficient shipyard includes 3 floating docks, 7 cranes, 1 x 60T floating crane, with fully equipped onsite workshops. Our capacities are:
NAMDOCK 1 NAMDOCK 2 NAMDOCK 3
Width at Entrance 23.50m 23.50m 32.90m
Width between inner walls 25.00m 25.00m 33.50m
Length over keel blocks 139.50m 139.50m 195.00m
Vessel draft maximum 5.80m 7.20m 8.50m
Lifting capacity 8,000Mt 6,500Mt 15,000Mt
Cranes 4T, 7T, 10T 2 x 5T 2 x 10T
Thrust well / dock pit 8.5m x 8.2m x 2.4m None 10m x 6.4m x 4m
Aft swim platform well None None 2.55m x 5.55m x 2.5m